Massive Gas Leak Occurs in Downtown Madison, Several City Blocks Off Limits

June 13, 2017

 

A Massive Gas Leak Occurred this morning in Downtown Madison and at least Four Blocks were off limits as people evacuated certain buildings. The leak was caused by a two-inch Vectren natural gas line that was severed around 10:30AM. Gas was smelled in at least a five block radius. At least four homes were evacuated and repairs will need to be made for several more residences to have their natural gas flowing again. According to police dispatch, at 11:54 the Gas Leak was Stopped. The two dogs inside at 518 Walnut were still alive and survived. They were left in there as it was temporarily deemed too volatile for help to enter their location.