Madison Main Street is among this year’s nominees for an America’s Main Streets contest put on by Independent We Stand and could win $25,000 in cash and sponsor-related prizes.
America’s Main Streets play an important role in the long-term success of communities and help build a sense of place reinforcing this year’s theme: “Local Memories. Lasting Impact.”
“Our Independent We Stand America’s Main Streets contest shines a light on the pride business owners and communities take in their Main Streets,” says Independent We Stand co-founder Bill Brunelle. “We know small businesses on these Main Streets help them thrive and have a measurable economic impact. This contest is a chance to share those stories with people from coast-to-coast.”
Madison’s Main Street, seen as an essential part of the Madison community, houses many locally owned small businesses, acts a gathering space for the entire community, plays host to several Madison events, and tends to be a major draw for tourists.
According to Madison Main Street Director Victoria Perry, “There are so many hardworking business owners, organizations, and citizens who work diligently to keep Main Street beautiful and active. Winning this competition would mean being able to further those efforts even more!”
The first round of voting in the contest has begun and runs through April 22.
Voting for Madison now will help get them into the next round…
All nominations and voting take place on MainStreetContest.com.
Important dates for this Contest:
- February 26 to April 22: “America’s Main Streets” nominations and quarterfinalist voting
- April 30 to May 27: “America’s Main Streets” semifinalist voting
- June 4: “America’s Main Streets” winner announced
- July 4: “Main Streets Make Us Better” event; “America’s Main Streets” winner announces plans for $25,000 grand prize
Additional contest prizes include:
- STIHL Equipment Certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL dealer in the U.S.
- Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
- PPG Paints $500 shopping spree
- Public relations and social media recognition
- Special plaque for winner to proudly display
For more information on Madison Main Street, visit: www.madisonmainstreet.com or contact Victoria Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org.